Beck Building Company is hiring a Superintendent near Aspen, CO. This position oversees job sites and all related personnel including scheduling, bidding, purchasing, and more. Must have knowledge of the entire construction process. Must be able to read and interpret blueprints and have knowledge of building codes.
- Monitor the Construction Schedule weekly and manage the work in such a manner as to keep on schedule.
- Track and coordinate with Project Manager procurement or purchasing activities required by the schedule.
- Coordinate purchasing activities based on lead times and schedule
- Verify that materials to be purchased are compatible with construction documents, owner’s expectations, BUDGETS, jobsite conditions, subcontractor’s contract requirements and with Purchase Agreements.
- Hold weekly subcontractor meeting to discuss schedule, and coordinate manpower.
- Prep job site for subcontractors prior to their start of the scope of work.
- Coordinate bidding and contracting with the Project Manager and the Estimating staff.
- Participate in the submittal process for all products/materials to be used on the project. Coordinate with Project Manager.
- Assist Project Manager in obtaining submittals/samples from suppliers and subcontractors for approval by Owners and Architect.
- Notify and coordinate with Project Manager on Owner/Architect/consultant directed changes to the scope of work.
- Review billings for budget challenges and problems.
- Direct all facets of the work in the field.
- Maintain action lists for field personnel, subcontractors, and materialmen.
- Maintain a well organized and clean jobsite and jobsite trailer.
Daily Paper Work
- Prepare Daily Job Reports on the website.
- Participate in the development, distribution and completion of all Architect/Owner generated punchlists.
- Participate in the Post Project Review with the Project Team.
- Participate in the warranty servicing of the project after completion.
Individual must be able to perform job duties safely and productively for a minimum of 8 hours per day. All safety rules and regulations; including the use and wearing of all required personal protective equipment and clothing, and safe lifting techniques, must be followed.