This versatile position assists our customer care clients with a wide range of work. To ensure coordination between all trades, must have a basic knowledge of the entire construction process. Must be able to read and interpret blueprints and have knowledge of building codes.
- Develop a relationship with the Home Owner to communicate in a respectful and cooperative manner
- Develop relationships with the Project Manager, Superintendent, Project Coordinator and the Property Manager to communicate in a respectful and cooperative manner
- Earn confidence of Home Owner by managing expectations with honesty and integrity toward all manner of internal & external contacts (customers, staff, contractors, etc.)
- Inform Property Manager when you are on site
- Prepare jobsite visit by having appropriate tools, materials and all necessary administrative information (Property Mgr contact info, codes, sub contractor phone list, home info sheet…) organized and available for use
- Safely operate all tools and machinery
- Provide excellent attention to detail and timeliness
- Diagnose & Repair all types of construction issues (structural, mechanical, electrical, hydraulic and other) problems or coordinate subcontractor activity for repair
- Assume responsibility for productivity of crafts, efficient use of materials & equipment, and contractual performance of the small job and or punch list projects
- Complete jobs in an accurate and timely manner meeting customer requirements while minimizing re-work
- Ensure all onsite personnel comply with project procedures, safety program requirements, work rules, etc.
- Ensure job site is cleaned (as clean as when you arrived or cleaner, when complete)
- Accurately document all safety violations, notify manager, and recommend/implement corrective actions as required
- Coordinate estimates with Customer Care General Manager for all work proposed to homeowner, review proposal with Customer Care General Manager prior to customer presentation
- Order parts, with Prior Approval from Management
- Gather subcontractor bids – when planning to use subcontractors to complete all or portions of the project
- Manage and maintain assigned tasks
- Incorporate procurement, or purchasing activities into schedule
- Update Manager, subcontractor, Suppliers on Punch list or small job construction schedule
- Incorporate changes in scope of work
Administrative & Communications
- Update punch list daily, update time cards, organize project to adhere to schedule
- Complete required paperwork for Customer Care and Warranty billings in an accurate and timely manner
- Maintain Beck Building Company (Vehicles) assigned tools and inventory in good working condition
- Performs all other duties as assigned
- May perform on-call duties during non-business hours
- May sell additional services and/or products to customers
- May train and advise entry-level Customer Care Techs on difficult technical problems and check their completed work
- Extensive mobility is required as well as the ability to manage much repetitive motion.
- Must be able to lift materials weighing as much as 50 lbs.
- Must be capable of carrying materials to and from the job site which may include up and down stairs and/or distances of up to 100 yds.
- Some materials are lifted from ground level to overhead.
- Must be able to climb ladders and go up and down stairs.
- Must have dexterous use of both hands and be able to use a wide variety of hand tools and be able to safely operate some power tools, including vibrating tools, with a forceful grip for extended time periods.
- This job can entail frequent (2-6 hrs) to continuous (6-8 hrs) standing, kneeling, sitting, climbing, and walking.
- Work may take place indoors or outdoors, in confined work spaces such as crawl spaces, below ground, or in elevated areas.
- Temperature conditions may range from extreme heat to sub-zero.
- Work takes place near some hazardous construction machinery with exposure to noise, dust, and fumes.
- Work surface may be on concrete and uneven surfaces where construction debris may be found or at sites with excavated dirt.
Individual must be able to perform job duties safely and productively for a minimum of 8 hours per day. All safety rules and regulations; including the use and wearing of all required personal protective equipment and clothing, and safe lifting techniques, must be followed.