Beck Building Company is hiring an Assistant Superintendent near Avon, CO. This versatile position assists our site superintendents with a wide range of work. Must have a basic knowledge of the entire construction process.
Assistant Superintendent Information
- Help direct all facets of the work in the field.
- Maintain action lists for field personnel, subcontractors, and materialmen.
- Maintain a well-organized and clean jobsite and jobsite trailer.
- Protect finished surfaces from damage.
- Maintain well organized filing system for all information provided to the site.
- Incorporate OSHA and Beck safety requirements into the site management plan.
- Schedule regular safety meetings as required by the Safety manual.
- Be a friendly and cooperative neighbor to adjacent homeowners.
- Monitor the quality of the work by suppliers and subcontractors.
- Make sure that unsatisfactory work is corrected.
- Maintain as built drawings and photograph all underground utilities and other underground installations.
- Collect and maintain copies of all O & M manuals for presentation to the owner at the end of the job.
- Be the point man for onsite communication with Owner, Architect, consultants and other parties to the project.
- Maintain regular and timely working hours.
- Manage construction management plan as approved by the local municipal authority.
- Maintain communication and working relationship with jurisdictional enforcement officers.
- Photograph the work on a regular basis for archival/as built usage and load into the Photo Archive on the website.
- Maintain and enforce COVID protocols onsite at all times.
- 3-5+ years in a foreman, carpentry or similar role
- Carpentry experience a plus
- Be knowledgeable about all facets of the residential construction trade and be able to direct the work using this knowledge.
- Know and follow standard practices of Beck Building Company as outlined in the Construction Checklist.
- Update the Construction Checklist on a weekly basis.
- Understand and implement the requirements of the Construction Documents including the Plans and Specifications.
- Keep up on new construction techniques by reading and attending seminars as they become available.
Individual must be able to perform job duties safely and productively for a minimum of 8 hours per day. All safety rules and regulations; including the use and wearing of all required personal protective equipment and clothing, and safe lifting techniques, must be followed.